Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Old Freddie Young Accepts Ethan Axel Andrews' ALS Ice Bucket Challenge


     As you may already know, in the current Inside Scoop posted at the UCW Wrestling site, Ethan Axel Andrews calls me out and challenges me to do the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge. If you haven't yet seen that UCW video blog, here it is:
     At the top of the page is my response to that Inside Scoop. As you can see, after a swig of Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur, I'm totally up for any challenge. (By the way, that's called "product placement" and I expect the Cedar Hill Distilling Company of Bardstown, Kentucky to compensate me generously.)
     I was happy to use this event to preach to the "heels" of UCW (Quinn Harper, Eli Black, Isaiah "Ice" Burg, etc.) about the need to obey rules. Please notice that I adhered to every directive of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge (as outlined in the Wikipedia article): "Within 24 hours of being challenged, participants are to video record themselves in continuous footage. First, they are to announce their acceptance of the challenge followed by pouring ice into a bucket of water. The bucket is then to be lifted overhead and poured over the participant's head. Then the participant can call out a challenge to other people."
     Furthermore, in accordance with the original concept of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, I will be donating $10 to the ALS Association of America (had I declined Ethan's challenge, I would have been obligated to donate $100). Note to those who frequently sell items on eBay: the ALS Association (the national organization and various local chapters) are listed among the "eBay Giving Works" nonprofits.
     At the end of my video, I call out local Connecticut UCW wrestler Pedro Espada to accept the Ice Bucket Challenge. I was careful to pronounce Pedro's name correctly because I remember how he brutalized former UCW champ Michael Hannigan (match #320) for not doing so.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment